First of all, I am incredibly sorry. I know you were looking forward to encapsulating your placenta. We here at Midwest Placenta would like to offer some alternatives to encapsulation and give some idea of what you can still do with your placenta.
Memory Items: If you can still obtain the placenta, we can offer the following:
- Umbilical Cord Keepsake Heart
- Tree of Life Print
- Placenta Powder
- This is not for consumption, but to be used as placenta ash. Some clients like the “dust to dust” mentality.
- It can be added to an ern-like container, sprinkled somewhere meaningful, or even added to jewelry. (I have had several clients send placenta powder to their breastmilk jewelry company for a beautiful swirl effect in completed jewelry)
- In other cultures burying of the placenta is common.
- You can even make it more meaningful by burying the placenta under a plant the blooms during the child’s birth month or a fir/evergreen during the winter, or something else meaningful such as the mother’s favorite plant. Roses are common as they are a sign of endearment.
Regardless, there is no need to decide now. You may need time to process the fact encapsulation is not possible, birth outcomes, etc. You can always freeze the placenta (double bagged in (2) 1-gallon size zip-lock bags) and make a decision later.
Please feel free to contact me for keepsake items, if and when you’re ready.
Pricing / Packages
Placenta Keepsake Items
Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation
What’s in the Placenta?
Process for Local Clients
Process of Shipping Clients
Sign Up Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Step-By-Step Photo Gallery